A TEMPLE FOR THE UPLIFTMENT OF HUMANITY
Join us as we transform a former church into a beautiful, ground-breaking spiritual center serving Paramahamsa Vishawnanda’s mission in America!
The Paranitya Narasimha Temple:
A spiritual home for all.
“With one person it is not possible to build anything. A temple is for everybody. When you participate in it, you will always be there. Whenever people are doing prayer there, whether you remember it or not, with the brick that you have put there, the Divine blessing will always be with you.”
– Paramahamsa Vishwananda
The Paranitya Narasimha Temple fundraiser is a $145,000 campaign aimed to transform a former church in Elmira, NY into a groundbreaking temple! The temple is a spiritual center where people from all walks of life can come experience God’s Love through beautiful temple prayers, yoga & meditation, ritual, knowledge, devotional arts, and be supported by a vibrant and loving community.
In addition, we are turning a former chapel in the ashram into a new temple for Kali Ma; it will be a sacred and intimate sanctuary for celebrating the Divine Mother and being in Her Loving Presence.
By supporting the Paranitya Narasimha and Kali Temple, you are directly contributing to bringing the Love and Grace of the Divine into the lives of devotees and spiritual seekers for generations to come.
A PERFECT FOUNDATION
- Beautiful, 10,000 sq/ft stone building.
- Capacity to seat up to 1000 people, (making it the perfect venue for temple prayers as well as for Guruji’s Darshan!)
- Features stained glass windows and has a beautiful archway framing the main altar where the temple deities will have Their home.
- Downstairs space with class rooms, kitchen, and a large seminar room.
PLANS FOR THE NEW TEMPLE
The temple will feature a stunning black granite 8.5ft Paranitya Narasimha murti in the center of the altar, framed by beautiful wooden carved arches. In front of the altar, on both sides of Narasimha will be beautiful 3-foot black marble Murtis of Mahavatar Babaji and Ramanuja Acharya, honoring our lineage in the Hari Bhakta Sampradaya.
On the right and left sides of the altar are beautiful spaces which will be the home to Prabha Lakshmi (a beautiful 3-ft white marble murti already blessed by Paramahamsa Vishwananda), and a gorgeous 3-ft black marble Rukmini-Panduranga to the left!
In addition, behind Paranitya Narasimha will be a 1008 Narasimha saligram temple in which visitors can worship and receive the blessings of while being able to walk in a full circle around Paranitya Narasimha Himself!
All of this has been blessed by, or specifically requested by Paramahamsa Vishwananda Himself! This temple is very dear to His Heart.
YOUR SUPPORT IS NEEDED
While the perfect foundation has been given, one that would cost millions to create on our own, there is significant work needed to transform the church into a temple for Paranitya Narasimha, and the chapel into a temple for Kali Ma.
Paramahamsa Vishwanandas first visit to Elmira is scheduled for September 2022! Our goal is to raise enough funds to have the temple ready (or almost ready!) by September.
PHOTOS FROM THE SITE
YOUR DONATION GOES TOWARDS
- $21,000 – Construction of altar and beautiful, carved, wooden arches for the altar, from India
- $10,000 – Carving of altar for 1008 Saligrams
- $11,000 – Puja kitchen & Deity clothing storage
- $6,000 – Clothing & Jewelry for temple Deities
- $28,000 – Concrete support for Paranitya Narasimha & structural designer fees (He weighs 8 tons!)
- $10,000 – Beautiful, carved wooden arch for Guruji’s asan (shh! It’s a surprise for Guruji!)
- $4,800 – Carved Saligrams for each Deity
- $10,000 – Decorations for altar
- $22,000 – Painting supplies, professional mural artist fees
- $10,000 – Construction and decoration for Kali temple in ashram!
- $12,000 – Guruji’s Asan and furniture for temple
BECOME A BENEFACTOR
While any donation, no matter the amount, is deeply appreciated, our Temple Benefactor Initiative is a special way you can give to the temple and ashram, serve the Deities, and help to co-create a beautiful temple and ashram experience.
Benefactor Levels of Giving:
– Grateful Heart: $20 / month for 6 months
You receive: Your name will be permanently placed in the altar, so every time there are prayers in the temple you will receive the blessing.
– Friend: $50 / month for 6 months
The former, plus: You and your family will be prayed for at every major holiday yagna done at the temple for one year.
– Sponsor: $150 / month for 6 months
The former plus, a personal puja in your name, or for a loved one of your choice.
– Founder: $250 / month for 6 months
The former plus:
-25% off your first weekend stay (2 nights) at the ashram.
– A free 1:1 60 minute spiritual guidance session with Swami Tulsidas
-Patron: $500 / month for 6 months
The former plus:
– A saligram adopted in your name for 1 year
– Upgraded to 50% off your first weekend (2-nights) stay at the ashram.
– Legend: $1000 / month for 6 months
The former plus:
– A personal yagna done for you or a loved one
– Upgraded to first weekend (2 nights) at the ashram free!
Email us to find out how to make large tax-deductible contributions through the sale of real estate or a business, tax refunds, stock, crypto-currency, annuity gifts, or needed material donations.
Email the treasurer at email@example.com
ONE TIME OR RECURRING DONATION
We gratefully accept one-time or recurring donations of any size. Donations can be made online or by mailing a check.